Home Designer Interiors is powerful home design software for DIY home enthusiasts. Created by Chief Architect, so you can enjoy the same type of tools that the professionals use for interior design, home design, remodeling, kitchens and baths. Give your dream home the look and feel you want with Home Designer Interiors - Get started creating your interior design project today!
Floor & Space Planning
Creating your dream home has never been so easy. It’s easy to accessorize with pre-arranged furniture groupings you can quickly place to create the ideal layout for your new and existing furnishings.
- Design in a 2D plan view with virtual graph paper to create accurately scaled floor plans
- Automatic and Manual Dimension tools. Place interior room dimensions to the interior wall finish or to the main structural layer
- As you define and name your rooms, you can display the room size and specify the moldings, ceiling height and wall coverings
- Automatically generate a spreadsheet of your project costs, broken down by category
- Use one of the built-in style templates – each one comes complete with colors, cabinets, flooring, doors and window styles
- Import your own symbols from 3D file types including SKP, OBJ and 3DS
Make your design ideas come to life with the built-in 3D visualization tools. Experiment and create models and virtual tours in minutes.
- Plan out your space with pre-arranged furniture groupings
- Choose from thousands of materials, including name-brands to visualize design options
- Design for your lifestyle and personality – change colors, add lighting and choose furniture to accent your new room
- Choose from a variety of furniture styles including chairs, tables, sofas and more – easily change the size, color and fabric to create your own style
- Add accessories to create that perfect look and feel for your rooms
Kitchen & Bath Design
Update your kitchen or bath with new cabinets, countertops, appliances, moldings, and materials. Visualize your design ideas before you build or remodel!
- Choose from a wide variety of appliances – easily change the colors to match your room’s character
- Design your new kitchen or bath using the Cabinet Designer tools.
- Create thousands of cabinet styles and combinations.
- Visualize new countertops – choose from laminate to solid surfaces or import your own custom material and color
- Import your own favorite objects, materials, colors or textures from a photo or website
- Use the Color Blending tool to stain a translucent color or apply a solid color over the material you place to create unlimited combinations to fit your design requirements
Often the most challenging part of designing or remodeling – is visualizing how your finished project will look. Ever imagine what a new room or addition might look like? – It’s easy to see with Home Designer!
- Create a new room or addition - add and remove walls, place windows and doors, size your rooms with dimensions
- Choose from several 3D design tools including Watercolor, Glass House, Doll House, Final View and more
- Quickly determine costs with the built-in Materials List – do calculations for carpet, hardwood, countertops, windows, cabinets and more
- Over 5,000 items in the library: furniture, lighting, appliances, cabinets, windows, and materials
- Virtual Walkthrough – draw a recording line to automatically generate a virtual tour of your design
- Import plans from the Chief Architect Room Planner mobile App
- Download Library Content from the 3D Library
- Online Training Videos & Training Webinars
- Technical Support
Mac System Requirements
- Mac OS X v10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- 2.4 GHz processor or multi-core processor
- 4 GB of memory
- 5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet access*
*Internet access required for installation, license authentication, deactivation, video and library catalog access. Internet access for license validation is required once every 30 days.