5 Stars By Daniel P Delcollo on 2016-08-02
Not just pleasantly surprised, AMAZED AND DELIGHTED!
I purchased this tent intending it to be a more "historical" looking tent to bring with me to SCA events. I know that it isn't medieval at all, but that's exactly the point! It looks medieval so it doesn't stand out as a blatantly modern tent, yet has all the features you might expect and want out of a comfortable home away from home. I was able to set up this tent solo in 15 minutes while wrangling a toddler. It includes everything needed including stakes, guy lines and poles. The only thing I needed was a hammer. The tent is well made with a canvas exterior, heavyweight pvc floor and mosquito netting for the the windows and door. But the really amazing part were the unadvertised extra features. A ring to hold a lantern, netted peak vents, ties inside and out to add high wind supports, and more. The removable pvc floor extends up 3" to keep out unexpected ground water. The entire sidewalls of the tent can be rolled up if the doors windows and vents aren't enough airflow. And these are just the features I've discovered in the trial set up on my lawn. As the title says, I am more than just pleasantly surprised at the quality and value of this tent, I am amazed. I would have no hesitation recommending this tent to others.
5 Stars By Amanda Grace on 2016-02-13
Guest glamping tent with idea for base
This tent is great and it works wonderfully as my guest glamping tent!! This is definitely a two person job to put up. We put a pallet base under it with some plyboard to keep it off the ground. But we love it and it has so many possibilities.
2 Stars By BTA-MALL Customer on 2016-11-22
... and figured based on the reviews that it was good enough to warrant not going with the American brand ...
I purchased this tent for $600 and figured based on the reviews that it was good enough to warrant not going with the American brand name version. It was still a big investment at $600 and I just couldn't bring myself to spend the extra $250 for the name brand with this tent having such good reviews. Well, I'll consider this a lesson learned on getting what you paid for. Here were the main issues contributing to the 2 star rating:
1. The tent is NOT canvas. The whole reason I was interested in this tent was because I was tired of flimsy nylon and plastic tents. I really wanted the breath-ability of canvas. The tent looks like canvas at first, but then upon unpacking it I realized its completely coated in plastic. I tried to breathe through the canvas and couldn't for a million dollars. Also, the plastic sticks to itself and then tears away from the really, really thin cotton exterior and then water can come through in those spots. It is also only 73 pounds (much lighter than advertised) and that makes me think it can't really be 9.6 oz like they are claiming because the American brand tent is 94 lbs at the same canvas weight. It also has a strong plastic smell, and sounds like a pool float when you move the material around.
2. Stakes and ropes are cheap: I fully expected this and was fine with that. It did come with metal sliders which are better than plastic.
3. The stove jack: I was excited to purchase a tent with a stove jack so that I could use a wood burning stove. Well, the stove jack is in the side-wall, and heat rises, so not only is that not a safe placement, it's also not effective... I thought I would just make a bending exhaust pipe but when I called the stove company I was going to use they said that makes no sense and that the stove would only get choked up backing smoke and carbon monoxide back into the tent... which would be really unsafe in a non-breathing tent like this one.
4. The most exasperating part of this purchase was that I couldn't just pickup the phone and talk to someone about this. Because they don't have a phone number, don't have a shop, or website or a warranty.
5. Fire-retardedness - plastic is not FR.... I would be extremely wary of having any heat sources in this tent. The lack of breath-ability + the plastic coating on the canvas is not a good mix for carbon monoxide or fire.... I was surprised that the stove jack doesn't even have FR material around the opening... Oh, and the opening is like 7 inches, which means that it won't work with most stoves anyway.
6. The screen door has a snag already and seems really flimsy. That wouldn't be a huge deal except that when the screen rips I think you'll just have to cut the door out completely.
7. The tent came a couple days late. I didn't need it right away so it wasn't a huge deal for me. The box it came in was basically destroyed upon arrival.
8. The zippers seem ok.
4 Stars By Citizen Steve on 2016-07-12
Great for Glamping!
Flying Squirrel Ranch & Farm uses this tent for it's secluded glamping site. We put it on a platform.Many of our customers are particular coming from the metro areas. There's a picture of the tent at (...)They find the tent very nice with a couple "wish it were" considerations that maybe the manufacturer could consider: (1) It would be over-the-top cool if the walls were twice the height, (2) the center tie down string extends directly in front of the entrance -be nice if it wasn't there, and (3) a real chimney vent on the ceiling not the side wall which seems better suited to tie in electrical plug-ins, etc, but definitely not to vent a hot chimney. Otherwise the treated canvass tent is way cool. Went up easy and only a small water dripped appeared in a recent heavy rain; otherwise it stays dry.
4 Stars By Gustavo C. on 2017-09-16
Nice tent, I unpacked for set up and had Little trouble with the base zipper but nothing that I couldn't fix, the inside of the tent was full of fabric, but every thing else was perfect, the cloth is nice color and it seems to be resistant.
I have to say that tent travel thousands of miles to south America for a field trip and after just a Little adjustment it work perfectly, At night it rain a Little and no leaks was presented.
5 Stars By Joshua Rodriguez on 2017-04-13
I absolutely love this... more of a yurt than anything else, but it's big. We put it on a deck to make sure things were flat... sure it would work on the ground too. It has been withstanding coastal winds, which was a concern, but it's working great!
5 Stars By Big ticket on 2017-06-05
Perfect home away from home
Perfect home away from home. We camp everywhere and this unit is great for the whole group of us. Damn good investment!
5 Stars By Michael Whalen on 2016-09-12
Ring tour Bell tent !
Really a beautiful tent for the money, well constructed , easily set up by one person, super comfortable wuth lots of room. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a large canvas tent with style and versatility.
5 Stars By BTA-MALL Customer on 2016-11-13
Love this tent!
Very happy with this tent. I received it Friday and set it up this weekend to check it out. So glad I went with this one. I love the round classic design as it reminds me of the golden days of the safari expeditions. Also, I realized how much more room there was when laying on the ground. In a typical square or rectangular tent, the items I want inside tend to compete with me for room. Sure, I could go with a much larger tent, but this one seems to be in the sweet spot between size and portability. I highly recommend it.
4 Stars By BTA-MALL Customer on 2017-04-29
Only suggestion is that the "ground pegs" look like they will pull
Arrived on time, material as described. We soaked with help of rain, have yet to test in field. Only suggestion is that the "ground pegs" look like they will pull. We are going to fabricate replacements .