★★★★ 139 real customer reviews average rating: 4 stars
3 Stars By Richard on 2017-01-05
It works, but just a little too narrow/compact
- Product is very compact, narrow and takes up very little space. Can easily fold up to store in a small area.
- Since the dimensions are not given, will provide here:
- Ironing Board measures 31 inches x 10 inches
- Tank is 17 inches wide
- Height of rack is 64 inches (tallest part of the frame/rack)
- Length of 34 inches (back to front)
- Hose is long enough. You don't have to struggle to reach any area of the ironing board. Board is very solid/smooth
- The measuring cup and funnel make it very easy to pour water into the tank - this really helps
- The entire unit looks flimsy, however, I had no problem with ironing and keeping a steady movement. Just a small wiggle at times.
- Unit is not heavy. I can easily move the entire unit around. Doesn't really bend or twist as you move it.
- When tightening the cap, you need to press down on the cap, and then turn to close it. - this is not mentioned in the instructions.
- There are two warning messages on the tank (space beneath the cap, and a sticker on the tank.). Both are small fonts; hard to read. Had to use a magnifying glass to read the warning message.
- The dial on the iron is behind the handle. Very difficult to see the writing on the dial or turn the dial. Have to twist/turn the iron to see the settings.
- The tank holds one litre of water, however, the tank is big and looks like it can hold a lot more. Need the funnel to pour the water in
- No way to see how much water is left in the tank. However, with continuous use, you'll know over time how fast the water goes
- Plenty of steam comes out from the iron. No issue here, but the iron face is kinda small
- The black cover does not properly fit on the ironing board. Even with the pull string on the cover, the cover always slips off the board
- Ironing board is too low. My shirts always touch the ground when ironing
- At times, chunks of water comes out of the steamer when I had the iron directly on the clothing. Sometimes I would just lift the iron a few inches and press the steam button; no chunks of water.
- Draining out excess water from tank takes a little extra work. Disassemble, then turn over tank to unscrew the pull plug so water can drain out
- I was able to easily steam/iron my jeans and polo shirts. The iron left no marks on my shirts. All was clean
- One thing that I am still unable to do is retract the leg on ther ironing board. It is locked in place
- Really liked the hangar area where you can hang your close on ther rack
- The hose that connects the tank to the iron is a bit bulky, but does not restrict your movement
Overall, the iron/steamer does do the job as advertised. My clothes did smooth out, but not as good as a regular iron. If you are a serious ironing person, this steamer/iron may not be for you, whereas this is more of a portable and compact unit and may not be big/strong enough for you. This would be great for college dorms, or small apartments, or even if you have small clothes.
5 Stars By SB on 2016-11-02
I purchased my first PureSteam product a few months ago as a replacement for my trusted clothes steamer. I was so impressed that I decided to upgrade and purchase this duo unit. Once again, I am thrilled with my purchase. While My regular steamer meets about 95% of my laundry needs there were still a few items that meant I couldn't toss my old iron and ironing board - until now! I love the convenience and space-saving feature of the duo unit. Highly recommend!
3 Stars By Purple moons on 2017-04-05
Other than that I like it ok
The cloth is hard for it to stick and it takes a bit longer than I expected to warm up. Other than that I like it ok. But we are still using our old steamer because it takes about 5 mins to warm up and I don't like waiting. Lol
5 Stars By Luv2shop on 2016-12-06
Parfect addition to any home!
This small and compact ironing board with iron and steam functionality is impressive. It is very powerful and we used it to steam drapes and also retail clothing for my shop. It does not take long to warm up and is extremely effecient. I cannot wait to use it for other wrinkles and hard to get out creases!
4 Stars By A. Strickler on 2017-03-09
Overall this is a pretty good steamer. I really like that it has the attached ironing board. This is a great combination for anyone with limited space. The steamer/iron is combined. You can either have the iron heat up, or have steam turned on (or both at the same time if someone wanted to do that). I've had other steamers that heat up a lot faster than this one. That is a minor issue though. Once it does heat up, this thing puts out a lot of steam. I wish there was a way to control how much steam comes out, but there just seems to be one setting. Overall I would recommend this product to others that need a steamer and especially those who may have limited space but still want a full size steamer and ironing surface.
4 Stars By TheNextBillGates on 2017-08-09
No Auto Shut Off!
My only complaint is that there's no auto-shut off. Since the switch is very low to the floor, it's easy to forget and leave it on, which IMO is a significant fire risk.
5 Stars By Solangy Perez on 2016-12-29
The best of the best ! - must have ! Life saver
I love my puresteam duo! I love how the iron is light and does not cause my hands to get tired and the whole unit is extremely light to my surprise. My work shirts 👚 are wrinkle free thanks to this puresteam duo ! I will buy one for my brothers birthday since he also needs wrinkle free shirts for his professional job. I found it to be easy to use and amazing results. I won't ever go to a Taylor shop because there is no need anymore thanks to my puresteam duo.
5 Stars By bigkey66 on 2016-10-31
Great combo product! Lightweight and powerful - easy to use!
This is an excellent product! The steam/iron combo is brilliant and I love that it folds up and only takes up minimal space to store. The iron/steamer is powerful and effective and I had no trouble ironing large or small items. The steamer feature is awesome and may be my favorite feature. The power cord is long, making it easy to use anywhere. One improvement I would make is having some kind of gauge that would indicate the level of water in the reservoir.
5 Stars By Alexa D on 2016-10-21
This is fabulous! I use it for ironing, obviously. However, my favorite feature is the attachment for the iron. I have steam cleaned our couches with it, and it works great! The only bit of advice, is if you use the attachment, do not scrub too vigorously towards yourself, the attachment mightl pop off. And the rubber piece in the iron holder may peel off when sliding it onto the arm. I just super glued mine back, holds up great!