By Michael Hausman
on 2018-01-27 Best All-Around External Battery
There are five reasons why this external battery is the best option out there.
1) It is inexpensive. Compared to other high capacity batteries it is quite inexpensive.
2) It has the ideal capacity. It has a high enough capacity to charge almost any device at least once, and most phones can be charged multiple times. A larger battery is overkill for the majority of situations but this battery balances sizer and capacity.
3) It is slim, sleek, and comfortable to hold. It looks nice, it has a nice rubber surface on one side so that it won't slide away, and it is roughly the same size as most smartphones so it is easy to "sandwich" them together while charging, making it easy to hold.
4) Fast Charging. This is huge. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, and this can fast charge it in no time. Not only that, the product itself can be fast charged as well, meaning less time it has to be out of commission while recharging.
5) It is made by Anker. I can not emphasize enough how great Anker's customer service is. They care so much about delivering quality products that work, and if you have any issues they won't hesitate to help make sure you get it figured out. I have had minor issues in the past with items being damaged and they are so fast to help out.
Bottom line: Buy this. You absolutely won't regret it!Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000 Ultra Slim Power Bank, Upgraded PowerIQ 2.0 (up to 18W Output), Fast Charge for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More (Black)
By Josh Meisels
on 2017-05-21 Great battery - love the rubberized side of the case
This battery is super well built. I own another one of Anker's batteries, the Anker PowerCore+ 10050. I wanted a second battery as I'm always lending out my first one.
My main phone is USB-C, so I considered a USB-C battery, but they tend to be a bit more expensive. I already had the Anker USB-C (male) to Micro USB Adapter (female)
, so I use an adapter when charging with this battery. It still charges very fast, although I think it's slower than a native USB-C charger would be.
- This can charge my Nexus 5X more than 3 times before I have to re-charge the battery!
- Thin and pocketable size, which is exactly the footprint of my iPhone 6.
- Charges my phone fast! Supports QC 3.0 if your phone supports it. Otherwise, the PowerIQ tech seems to do a good job putting out as much power as possible for the device.
- Rubberized size makes it non-slip, which is a nice surprise, especially if you end up holding the battery to your phone while using the phone.
- The included micro-USB cable allows fast charging, unlike some I have bought from other manufacturers.
- Plastic case keeps weight down (compared to metal case on my PowerCore+ 10050).
- LED power meter lets you know how much capacity is left.
- Only one output means you can't charge two phones at once. If you want something with multiple output ports, try the Anker PowerCore II 20000 Portable Charger, with 3 PowerIQ, 6A Output, Dual Input and 4A Fast Recharging
See photos for comparison of the size with an iPhone 6, and my other PowerCore+ 10050 battery.
5 Stars By Davetheboy on 2017-07-11
Great battery pack
Great battery pack. Thought it would charge my phone faster than other battery packs but no biggie. I like how it is slim and solid. Feels rugged and sturdy.
Update: so I was contacted by anker for the "not so fast charging" and was offered a replacement. When I got the replacement and charged my phone, it was at least an hour quicker. So just about 2 hours to fully charge an iPhone 6-7 with 10-20 percent battery life. Awesome customer service from anker
5 Stars By Buddha-head Steve on 2017-10-20
Best customer service ever! Works great
I've had one for several years now, the 1st one quit working after about 9 months, but I called customer service & they said we'll send you a return mailer & RSM #, the NEXT day they said, we have already shipped the replacement, send the other one back when you can. That was it! I bought this one for my grandson who's off to college. He loves it.
It charges up from empty to full in about 6-8 hours. Stays charged for weeks! I get at least 4-6 full recharges on my iPhone 6. It charges the iPhone really quickly, faster than the wall charger. Love this device.
5 Stars By Maracia on 2017-07-18
Ergonomic, powerful, fast, and cool
Anker has become my go-to brand for charging products. Everything from rapid charging outlets to portable batteries to USB cord are durable, well made, and functional. Three years ago, I asked a friend for a recommendation on a portable battery as I had been extremely unsatisfied with ones I had purchased off the shelf and he sent me the amazon link for Anker. Let's just say, I've never looked back. This is my 3rd Anker PowerCore 10000 product, and each one has been better than the last! My family and friends borrow them all the time and they still hold a charge, even that first one from 3 years ago!
I purchased the Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000 for the form factor as I have been often finding myself using my phone while charging. This charger is everything as described; both light and thin, it closely mimics the dimensions of my smartphone while the silicon side is soft and grippy - ergonomic is the word that comes to mind. I have been able to get 2+ full charges on my smartphone while in use.
My favorite thing is the technology packed into this device. It detects and delivers the fastest charge safely. I have had several rapid chargers in the past that cause my phone to feel like it's overheating, especially if it is in a case, but I have never had this problem since I started using Anker charging products with IQ technology. Again, I often use my phone while charging using the Anker PowerCore II Slim 1000 and both devices (phone and charger) remain at a comfortable temperature.
In short, Anker makes great products and the PowerCore II Slim is a fantastic device. Looking forward to purchasing more innovative devices from Anker!
1 Stars By BTA-MALL Customer on 2018-04-28
Waste of money
Not thrilled with this item. When I got it I was having trouble charging my items. The port was loose. I let it go because I really needed the battery. Now I can't charge it either. The charging port is loose as well. Complete waste of money and the return window is over.
UPDATE:. I knew counting Anker out was a mistake. Yes this unit underperformed but their customer service is beyond fantastic. I was days outside the warrenty and they made everything right. I always look for anker products before any other. I will continue to do so. They are the epotimy of retailers.
5 Stars By Beth T. Irwin on 2017-09-16
Hurricane Irma tested - will never be without one again
Just saved me, quite literally, during a hurricane. I got 4 complete iPhone charges and enough iPad to be functional before it ran out.
5 Stars By MindPrints on 2018-02-21
UPDATE: 18MARCH2018. WAS ONE STAR, NOW UP TO FIVE STARS. CABLE THAT CAME WITH BATTERY WAS DEFECTIVE. CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY REOLACED CABLE.
The battery is FANTASTIC - charges quickly to Full, and is capable of charging my S7 about 3.5 times. This has been a "must have" in my travels - from cycling around the city to traveling outside the state. It's light, small, and thin enough to fit in a pocket. I would recommend to others.
Boughtand started charging the battery at least 12 hours ago. Charged it overnight thinking it would be done. Nope. It has not charged beyond the second indicator light, so about 50%. Basically I have a battery I paid for that can't be fully charged. I expected MUCH more from Anker, but going through the reviews I am apparently not the only one.
Beyond the fact this product Spears to be defective, I had high hopes. It is thin, but not as thin as my S7. It is very light and sleek. I really had high hopes about this.
5 Stars By Justin on 2018-04-22
Great portable charger in a slim form factor.
The Anker PowerCore Slim is an awesome portable battery, since purchasing the Slim I have eliminated my large 18650 DIY pack for it. I work long days always 12hrs or more, and I need a charge after halfway through the day. This pack will charge me back to 100% for atleast two days. I generally recharge every other day. The phone I am charging is a S7.
I performed a charge capacity test, and it took about 10 hours to replenish the charger 8000mAh.
Overall, the build quality is great. The rubberized coating on one side helps it stick when its on a smooth surface. The small form factor is great when you want to charge on the move, i usually leave it in the provided bag and run a wire from it to my phone. It fits right in the back pocket, and the wire length is perfect to fit into your front pocket during charging without hanging down to far. This is another important factor when you have many things that can snag the wire while working.
I would definitely recommend this, and the 2.2 charges is not a lie. It performs to the specs provided by Anker.
5 Stars By Dan on 2017-09-07
Best portable charger I've ever used.
Full disclosure: I got this unit for a significant discount (something like 70%) during a flash sale, but I gotta say I would probably seriously consider getting it even at full price. I initially got this battery just because of it's large capacity and the fact it was capable of multiple charges. I didn't really care about the fast charging aspect because, to me, it wasn't too important, but I gotta say....when they say fast charging, they mean it. Now, granted, I'm sure the charging speed varies from device to device, but everything I've plugged into this thing (my phone, which is a basic Galaxy Sky, my android tablet, an old iPod of mine...) charges way faster and efficiently than even some wall-plug units will do. (my phone charged from 40% to 90% in the space of about 30-35 minutes, which given the power dribble of some portable batteries, is pretty mind-blowing). And the capacity is amazing. I would say I got roughly about 3 full charges on my phone (from below 30%ish to 100%) before the battery was even registering half full. And the other super positive thing is the charger size... It's slightly larger than most portable chargers these days, but of course the capacity makes up for it and it's about the same thickness as most cased phones. If you need something high capacity, but small enough to fit comfortably in a purse, messenger bag, pack, you really can't go wrong with this charger.