5 Stars By M. Fiedler on 2018-02-17
Better than Beats Headsets
These are perfectly good headphones and quite economical. I bought them after being frustrated by my SECOND pair of Beats over the ear headphones (and a third in ear set of Beats) that broke for no good reason. Beats are expensive, they don’t sound all that much better than these, and they are of insufficient construction quality. So, this pair became my solution and I’m happy with them.
The ONLY thing I miss from the beats is the removable audio cable. The audio cable on these headphones are permanently attached to the headphones. A minor point, but I did like the removable cable on the Beats.
5 Stars By Coney on 2018-04-26
Great sound, compact size
I bought these so I'd have a compact set of headphones to travel with. The earbud-style just don't work for me on a plane. These were just $14 and they have great sound, especially for the price. What I really like is they fold up to a small size. When folded, they are a little smaller than my hand and they fit in a quart-size Ziploc with room to spare.
5 Stars By Katy Lake on 2018-06-20
Better than the $100 headphones I bought
Electronics is an amazing thing. The longer a device is around, the more it tends to drop in price - and in some cases, the quality gets even better. Just three years ago, I spent almost $100 on a new wired headphone set, and the quality was good. It lasted about two years before I started having issues with the sound.
I was eyeing a cheapie headphone set, and I decided to take the plunge. The thing that gets me about these headphones is that the sound is BETTER than the $100 headphone set I bought. Not a little better, a LOT better!
You really can't beat these headphones if you like listening through a wired set. The cord on this is extra long, too, so you won't be pulling your laptop off the table if you turn to get a drink (I've done this. Don't ask.) The only negative I can think of is that the cord is NOT removable. But at this price, it's cheap enough to replace the set.
Don't hesitate. These headphones couldn't be more worth the price!
5 Stars By AlexLivier on 2018-01-16
Great quality for the price!
I'm so surprised by the quality of these headphones given the price. Seriously, the audio quality is better than my apple headphones. I've read a few reviews that say they've broken the headphones a few weeks after purchase just due to poor material, so I'm being extra careful with them and so far so good. I would definitely recommend these. The mic works well with my macbook and iphone, and the actual headphone is a tiny bit smaller than my ear but it's not a huge deal to me, it still fits well, and doesn't hurt me even after three +hours of use. I have yet to use them with my gaming controller, I'm curious to see if it would work, but even if it doesn't - still a great pair of headphones for the price. I would purchase again if anything were to happen to my current pair, to be honest. Hope this review helps!
5 Stars By H B on 2018-09-09
For the price these headphones can't be beat!
I decided to upgrade my broken $8 headphones, and I was glad I went with BTA-MALL's recommended product (with over 1000 reviews of 4,5 stars)!
Overall they're great for the price, and definitely an improvement in sound quality over the $8 ones.
Clear bass, good high frequencies, although the mids are a bit scooped on these headphones, but that's actually a good thing, as these head phoners are sounding more close to the fletcher munson curve (look it up, if you don't know what it is). They're probably rolling off around 50Hz or so, well enough for you not to notice any audio quality loss.
They're not very loud, but plenty loud for most people, save for those who would want to destroy their hearing.
I have no real complaints about these headphones; just one remark,
The headphones jack looks rather flimsy. I'm not sure if it's a good plug, but only time will tell.
Other than that, it's made well, and robust, and sounds great for the price.
About 10 years ago, headphones like these would go for double (like the Senheiser HD205), and 20 years ago, these headphones would have cost more than 3x as much!
I would not recommend these headphones for audiophiles, but for the common folk it's quite good.
Especially for Techno, trance, electronic, pop, Ezlistening, rock, etc...
Strong lows, focused on ~30-60Hz (estimated), good punch, scooped mids from ~800Hz- 2,5- ~3kHz, presence at ~4-5kHz (est.), ultra bright rolloff after ~12kHz est. They still give you the full spectrum, but I'd guess the high end brightness of 6kHz+ is less present.
4 Stars By BTA-MALL Customer on 2017-12-25
The swiveling cups allow them to find a sweet spot to have them sit both comfortable and help ...
Surprisingly these have impressed me when I did not expect it. They are light weight and and have several adjustments that can be made to have them fit most people very well. The cups are soft, cover your ear well and do not put that squeezing pressure against your head. The swiveling cups allow them to find a sweet spot to have them sit both comfortable and help keep outside noises. The drivers are decent and can push a good amount of volume out for your enjoyment. The sounds are clear and not really much distortion on the bottom ends, which surprised me the most. I have come across headphones at twice this price and were not as good as these. For the price I can not see many people being unhappy with this selection.
4 Stars By Logan S on 2017-12-11
This is a good product, I wish they were over the ear
This is a good product, I wish they were over the ear, but they have good sound quality and great range! The cord is nice and long too.
5 Stars By Pork C. Fish on 2018-01-24
They're Fourteen Dollars and They Are Great
I have been wanting headphones for a long time. Between my television, tablet, and phone being either Dolby 7.1 or 5.1, ear buds just don't cut it. For Christmas I treated myself to a pair of high-end headphones and love them. I had been using ear buds at the gym and found they were always falling out, I could hear everything going on around me.
Now, I certainly didn't want to bring the good headphones to the gym. I mean, nothing would happen, but something could happen. I use a Kindle Fire HD 8 tablet at the gym, just so you can look up the audio specs.
The price was right, it seemed like people were happy with this.
1) The price. If they break, I am not going to cry.
2) One wire. I find that makes exercising easier because you can choose where you want the one wire to lie.
3) Reasonable noise cancellation. These are not noise-cancelling headphones (nor do they make the claim). But thanks to the padding, it eliminates a preponderance of the surrounding noises. The gym has music playing and announcements and I didn't find them distracting at all. Contrast that with ear buds where I couldn't listen to my shows well.
4) Light. I don't find them distracting. I do the treadmill for cardio, so I am standing and bouncing around. I don't feel like a boa constrictor is coiled around my skull or that a bag of flour is atop my head.
5) The sound is perfectly reasonable. Again, this was a purchase with a specific use, i.e. going to the gym. I am not listening to the symphony. I watch TV shows while doing cardio. I am not an engineer, so I can't debate specs with you. But take it from a layperson, these are fine. I used them at home to compare with my hoo-hoo headphones and found that bass response is worse and there is a less feeling of three-dimensional sound, but this was never expected. If you are demanding exacting standards from headphones which cost less than a movie ticket, you answered your own complaint.
6) No one has complained about the quality of the sound when I used the microphone for telephone calls and WhatsApp calls and messages.
ETA: 7) The plug is really nice with a sturdy metal construction and a spring around the end to keep it from fraying.
1) The padding is covered with pleather. It does get sweaty. This is a minor complaint, but I am accustomed to foam and being able to purchase replacements.
2) They cannot be treated in a cavalier manner. They are fourteen dollars. They are not going to survive being thrown around. I wrap mine in a towel in my gym bag until I MacGuyver some kind of case, assuming I have the gumption to do so. My gut feeling tells me these would break rather easily if thrown around or if they were not packed carefully. They fold nicely into a flattened pattern (see promotional photos).
ETA: Upon closer inspection, they are stronger than I thought. Yes, they are all plastic with some chrome accoutrements but it does feel strong. I think these would snap under stress though. The plus side is a little Gorilla Glue would get you back to work.
3) This is a small complaint, but I find the volume adjustment, play/ pause a little too high up on the cord. I don't know if this is due to microphone placement, but I wish it were farther down the length of it. I am 6' 2" tall, so the controls dangle around shoulder height for me.
So, if you are like me and wanted headphones instead of ear buds to use but also wanted/ needed a microphone, these are great. If you have little impish children who easily break their toys, this is good for them. The sound is fine. They work fine. Just don't be throwing them around or letting them jostle in your duffel bag. I have had them two weeks and used them for twelve trips to the gym. I am quite happy with them. You should be also. They are fourteen bucks.
5 Stars By JimC on 2018-09-18
These are very nice headphones for the money. I was pleasantly surprised.
> comfortable - can fall asleep with them on
> high volume
> ear cups block outside sound well
Not so good things:
> sound like cheap headphones but still pleasant and better than most
> plug takes some wiggling to connect properly, but this might be the cheap extension cord I am using
I just used these as headphones. I didn't try the cellphone-related features like microphone and control buttons.
5 Stars By Living the Dream on 2018-03-14
... for someone else and they were so cushioned and nice sounding that we ordered two more pair
We ordered one pair for someone else and they were so cushioned and nice sounding that we ordered two more pair! Love the volume adjust feature and the one sided cord too. Great price and great product!! Thank you!